The Twin Cities is home to many FREE and Cheap events and activities. Here are 10 FREE and Cheap things to do this weekend in the Twin Cities area that won’t drain your wallet.
- St. Paul Art Crawl: Stroll among 300+ artists studios in the Lowertown and Downtown areas of St. Paul for its weekend art crawl event showcasing a variety of artistic visions for viewing. October 13, 6-10 p.m., October 14, 12-8 p.m. and October 15, 12-5 p.m., FREE admission and FREE rides available through Metro Transit. Click here to download your FREE Metro Transit pass.
- Get in some exercise with a Fall Night Hiking at the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, night hiking is available daily along 5.5 miles of lighted trails from dusk – 9:30 p.m. Or you can enjoy a guided night hike on October 17, 6 – 7 p .m., all night hiking is FREE with valid vehicle permit ($5/day or $25/annual).
- Twin Cities Book Festival: October 14, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Minnesota State Fair Grounds, FREE admission, activities include all-day book fair with over 100 publishers, magazines booksellers and authors, raffle, local author mingle and author/speaker presentations throughout the day.
- Discover history, experience the mystery with the Ghosts of Anoka Walking Tour, October 14 at 6:45, 7 and 7:30 p.m., $9/adults, $7/children and ACHS members, advance registration is required, register online or call the History Center at 763-421-0600. Your costumed guide will take you on a walking tour through Anoka where you will hear stories about odd happenings and eerie encounters. Tours available through October 31, check schedule for all dates. Limit 24 participants per tour.
- Fall on the Farm at Eidem Homestead, 4345 101st Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, 12 – 3 p.m., $6/adult, $4/children 5-12 years, FREE children 4 and under, Families can participate in harvesting the garden, cider pressing, carving pumpkins hayrides and cooking fall goodies in the kitchen.
- Think fitness at the LiveWell Expo at the Mall of America, October 14, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m, Rotunda, FREE fitness classes throughout the day, see newest trends in fitness apparel, FREE samples, giveaways.
- Lost Souls Tour at the Historic Wabasha Street Caves, October 23, 12:30 p.m., 215 Wabasha Street South, St. Paul, $10/person, 1 hour walking tour where you will hear about different sightings in the Wabasha Street Caves by employees, vendors and wedding guests. The Lost Souls Tour is available every Sunday in October and the last Sunday of each month.