After you’ve hit the Black Friday deals, or avoided the crowds as the case may be, and wondering what to do next, here are some great budget ideas for entertaining your out of town guests or just having a fun family “After Thanksgiving” outing.
- The FREE Holidazzle Village in Loring Park, Minneapolis begins November 23 – December 23. Opening night fireworks start at 7:00 p.m. and Friday’s night FREE movie is Elf starting at 8 p.m. Click here for a full schedule of activities.
- Enjoy some outside fun at the Wells Fargo Winter Skate event on the artificially-chilled ice skating rink, opening Now through February 3 (FREE admission). Skate rental is FREE by showing your Wells Fargo check card or credit card (otherwise skate rental is $4 per person.)
- Explore the Wabasha Street Caves as seen on the History Channel “Secret Passages” for $8 person (under 5 free). Guests will learn about the legends of the mobsters and ghostly lore in a very unique setting in a 45 minute walking tour. Tours held each Saturday and Sunday at 11 am in St. Paul, Thursdays at 5 p.m. (except Thanksgiving, then Friday instead).
- Discover the intricacies of making beer through a FREE brewery tour at one of the many breweries in the Twin Cities area. For a sampling of places, check out Twin Cities on the Cheap’s 10 FREE Brewery Tours in the Twin Cities.
- Experience all that nature has to offer with FREE Family Fun Days sponsored by the Three Rivers Park District and drop into to explore at the Richardson Nature Center, November 26, 3 – 4 p.m.
- Hike with a guide at the Whitetail Woods Regional Park (Dakota County Parks), November 26, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., $8/person. Learn about different ways nature’s harvest can provide a feast for animals big and small. Registration required.
- Catch some historic theater experience with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers starring in Carefree for the Heights Thanksgiving Day Event, November 23, 7:30 p.m., all seats $10.