Get out into the cold with free adventure equipment and supplies at 14 Minneapolis and other twin cities parks this winter. Details below.
Minneapolis Parks Board has a year round loaner equipment program that is based out of 14 parks considered adventure hubs. At these adventure hubs you can borrow equipment on a first come, first serve basis. No calling ahead just show up at the rec center to claim your gear for the days adventure.
Minneapolis Parks has Fort building, orienteering, bird watching and animal tracking, nature observation and outdoor art.
- Creekview Park – 612-370-4965
- Folwell Park – 612-370-4917
- North Mississippi Regional Park (Kroening Nature Center) – 612-370-4844
- North Commons Park – 612-370-4921
- Waite Park – 612-370-4959
- East Phillips Park (East Phillips Park Cultural and Community Center) – 612-370-4888
- Keewaydin Park – 612-370-4956
- Lake Nokomis Park (Lake Nokomis Community Center) – 612-370-4923
- Longfellow Park – 612-370-4957
- Powderhorn Park – 612-370-4960
- Stewart Park – 612-370-4932