Looking for special events and activities for Dad this Father’s Day weekend? Twin Cities on the Cheap has 10 low cost ideas to help make a great weekend for Dad and your pocket book.
- Celebrate Father’s Day at the Children’s Museum of Minnesota on June 17 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Visitors can explore the museum for FREE every Third Sunday of the month, which falls on Father’s Day in June.
- Enjoy a FREE brewery tour and sample the latest creation at one of the Twin Cities many breweries. Click here for a compiled list of breweries offering FREE tours. Bring your Dad for a FREE beer at 612BREW on Father’s Day – open 12 – 8 p.m. (945 Broadway Street NE, Minneapolis)
- Kick back tailgating style at the Drive-in watching the newest movie. The Vali Hi in Lake Elmo shows 3 movies back to back during the summer, making it one of the best movie deals around. Moviegoers can enjoy $1 hot dogs or bring in their own grill and burgers. Movies playing week of Father’s Day: Ocean’s 8 (PG-13), : Life of the Party (PG-13). Cost is $9.50/person age 13 and older, $1 children ages 6-12. Kids 5 and under FREE. Movies start at dusk.
- Take Dad to the Minneapolis Riverfront for the Stone Arch Bridge Festival for one of the best FREE music and art fests in town. Guests will enjoy riverfront concerts, family activities, artwork and music. The festival runs June 15 – 17. For a detailed schedule and more information about the event, click here.
- Learn how to make your own beer with a FREE hands-on beer making seminar at Northern Brewer in St. Paul (1150 Grand Avenue), June 17, 12 – 1 p.m. (other dates also available), course includes beer basics, brewing methods, overview of ingredients and equipment and demonstration. Click here for registration.
- Test your skills by playing paintball for Father’s Day Weekend. Groupon has half off deals right now for paint ball parks either in River Falls, Lakeville, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Jordan or Buffalo.
- Check out the Midwest Regional Yo-Yo Championships on June 16 at the Mall of America, 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. in the Rotunda. Yo-Yo competitors will be performing impressive tricks such as the elevator, matrix, split atom and boomerang to their personal music selection.