Relax and take the Dad and the family to a FREE summer movie in the park at one of the following venues:
- June 17, Kung Fu Panda 3, Bloomington Moonlight Movies
- June 16, Cinderella, Edina Movies in the Park
- June 16, The Martian, Sibley Park
- June 17, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lake Harriet
- June 18, The Martian, Lynnhurst Park
Click here for a full list of FREE summer movies in the park.
Summer festivals in and around the Twin Cities this weekend for Father’s Day include:
- June 12-19, Buffalo Days, Buffalo – craft show, used book sale, family toy workshop, cribbage tournament, live music, movie in the park, fireworks, fishing clinic, parades, carnival, kid zone, bean bag tournament.
- June 14-18, Farmington Dew Days, Farmington – family geocaching adventure, bed race, beer/brats/bingo, car cruise, kids’ fishing contest, parade, rib cookoff, dew run, art fair and business expo.
- June 15-19, North Star Bicycle Festival, Wednesday-St. Paul, Thursday-Cannon Falls, Friday-Minneapolis, Saturday-Menomonie, Sunday-Stillwater. Come for the races, stay for the festival featuring live music, expo, kids activities.
- June 16-21, Cottage Grove Strawberry Fest, Kingston Park – car show, doggie dash, bean bag tourney, kids tractor pull, Grand Day Parade, live music, fireworks, carnival, medallion hunt, water wars, talent show, strawberry pie eating contest, petting farm, pet show.
- June 16-18, Tater Daze Festival, Brooklyn Park – carnival, beer and wine garden, bingo, live music, trucks and big rigs, baseball tournament, parades, exotic petting zoo, fairytale connection, fireworks.
- June 16-19, St. Louis Park Parktacular, St. Louis Park – family fishing, photo booth, free kayak/canoe rides, climbing wall, bingo, Parkour performances, Grand Day Parade, food garden, ferris wheel rides.
- June 16-July 4, Manitou Days, White Bear Lake – FREE craft beer tasting, classic and vintage boat show, water ski shows, beach dance, live music, community garage sale, children’s fishing contest, sandcastle building contest, community picnic, Grande Day Parade.
- June 17-19, GermanFest, St. Paul, located at the historic Schmidt Brewery – live performances on Main stage, Kids stage and cultural stage.
- June 17-19, MSRA Back to the 50s Weekend, Minnesota State Fairgrounds – hosted by the Minnesota Street Rod Association – you do not have to be a member to register your car, in 2014 there were 11,816 registered vehicles, 135 crafters, 400 swappers. Dance to live 50s music Friday and Saturday evening.
- June 17-19, Stone Arch Bridge Festival, Minneapolis riverfront – 250 artists, 3 performance states, family art activities, pop art: car show, motorcycle gallery, custom ATV helmet contest.
- June 18, Rock the Garden at the Walker, Minneapolis – great music featuring wide variety of bands, known as the most picturesque festival in the Twin Cities.
Click here for a your full guide to 101 Summer Festivals in and around the Twin Cities this summer.