Twin Cities on the Cheap has compiled your one stop Halloween Guide for family friendly Halloween and trick or treating or Halloween events in the Twin Cities area. Look for updates as we learn about more events. If you know of an event you don’t see listed, send us a note at News@twincitiesonthecheap.com.
- October `1st- November 5th Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at the Minnesota Zoo, Apple Valley, MN, strolling exhibit with over 5000 illuminated pumpkins.
- October 21st and 22nd, 6:30 – 9 p.m., Annual Halloween Party, Westwood Hills Nature Center, St. Louis Park, $11 per person (or $13 if not a resident), walk through the lighted Mother Nature’s Trail, play mystery mini golf in the dark woods, music and refreshments.
- October 29, Old-Fashioned Trick-or-Treat at the Landing, Shakopee, $8 with treats, trick-or-treat along candlelit paths to be greeted by costumed characters, ride a horse-drawn trolley, enjoy apple cider, walk-ins welcome space permitting, register in advance at the Three Rivers Park District web site.
- October 22, 1 – 5 p.m, Wood Lake’s Non-Scary: Half-Haunted Halloween, Wood Lake Nature Center, Richfield, $6/person, FREE for members, visit the trick-or-treat trail (full round takes about 1.5 hours), games, Halloween dance, magic show, petting zoo. Tickets are sold in advance at the nature center for specific times and receive priority entrance. Non-ticket holders are allowed in as space becomes available.
- October 22, 5:30- 8:00 p.m., Lakeville Haunted Forest, Steve Michaud Park (formerly North Park), Lakeville, $10 carload or $3 per person plus food shelf donation CASH ONLY, activities include hayrides, trick-or-treaters’ maze, puppet show, food and beverages for sale.
- October 29, 50th & France Annual Pumpkin Fest, Edina, FREE, trick or treating for ages 12 and under in stores.
- October 22, 7 – 10 p.m., Light up the Night Parade and Bonfire, Anoka, FREE, parade at 7 p.m. Main Street, bonfire 8-10 p.m. at River Plaza (City Hall).
- October 15, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Hilltop Pumpkin Party at YMCA Camp St. Croix, Hudson, WI, FREE, features horse drawn wagon rides, pumpkin patch and pumpkin painting, games, bounce houses, story time, petting zoo, pony rides, kids’ costume contest, K-9 demonstrations.
- October 23-30, 4 – 7 p.m., Boo Blast at the Lunds & Byerly’s, Eden Prairie, Golden Valley, Richfield, White Bear Lake, FREE trick-or-treating
- October 25, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Drive Thru Hazel Park Halloween Party, Hazel Park Recreation Center, 945 North Hazel Avenue, St. Paul, FREE, register online.
- October 27, 4 – 6:00 p.m., Trick or Treat downtown Monticello, FREE, trick-or-treat downtown, look for businesses with an orange pumpkin in their windows, then head to the West Bridge Park for for more Halloween fun.
- October 25, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Halloween Party at Duluth & Case Recreation Center, 1020 Duluth Street St. Paul, FREE
- October 25, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., McDonough Recreation Center’s Halloween Party, 1544 Timberlake Road, St. Paul, Halloween games, crafts and fun, wear costumes.
- October 26, 4 – 7 p.m., Boo Blast at the Lunds & Byerly’s, Woodbury, FREE trick-or-treating
- October 26, 6 – 9 p.m., MJM Halloween Bash at the Merriam Park Recreation Center, 200 St. Anthony Avenue, FREE
- October 26, 6 – 8 p.m., Halloween Bonfire at Northwest Como Recreation Center, 1550 Hamline Avenue North, St. Paul, FREE
- October 26, 6 – 8 p.m., Halloween Party at Battle Creek Recreation Center, 75 Winthrop Street South, St. Paul, FREE
- October 26, 6 – 8 p.m., Halloween Party at Palace Community Center, 781 Palace Avenue, St. Paul, FREE
- October 28, 2-7., Trick-or-Treat in Downtown Elk River, FREE, kids up to 12 years, games for all in the park.
- October 28, 6-8 p.m., Community Halloween Party, Hastings High School Commons, family event recommended for ages 12 and under, food shelf or cash donation requested, food, games, candy and haunted hallway. 30 stations
- October 26, 6 – 8 p.m., Burnsville Halloween Fest, Nicollet Commons Park, Burnsville, MN, $15 per car, illuminated drive thru treat trail, music and entertainment.
- October 27, 4 – 7:30 p.m., “Not So Scary” Halloween Party, Edinborough Park, Edina, $10 resident, tickets can be purchased in advance at Edinborough Park or online, pre-registration by October 25.
- October 29, 6 – 10 p.m, Trick or Treetops at the Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center, 28097 Goodview Drive, Lanesboro, MN, Encounter ghosts, skeletons and witches as you trick-or-treat your way from tower to tower on the high ropes course, $40/person, register online in advance, limited space remaining.
- October 26, noon and 5:30 p.m, Two sessions Goblins on Ice at the Recreation Center, St. Louis Park (3700 Monterey Drive), FREE indoor ice skating and rentals, costumes welcome and encouraged, no registration required.
- October 28, 6 p.m., Burnsville Halloween Fest , Drive thru illuminated Trail, must register Burnsville, MN. $15
- September 22nd-Oct 31st Nickelodeon Boo-niverse, Mall of America, Bloomington, must purchase wrist band to participate. DIY slime, dance parties, creepy visitors, limited edition ride and more.
- October 25, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m., Anoka Halloween Movie Night, at see Hotel Transylvania 2 Free George Green Park 1498 6th Ave S
- October 26, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Afton’s Annual Trick or Treat Trail, Afton, FREE, including fall craft and game stations, pumpkin decorating, costume contest, photo booth and Scream for Ice Cream
- October 29, 1 – 4 p.m., Trick or Treat on Main Street in Stillwater, FREE
- October 29, 6 – 8 p.m., Haunted Woods Trail, begins in the JAMM Dance parking lot (lower level of the Shamrock Animal Hospital), then through Central Park and exit on 145th Street, Rosemount, MN FREE
- October 29, 1 – 3 p.m., Trunks n’ Treats, St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church, 1965 East County Road E, White Bear Lake, FREE
- October 29, 11 a.m – 1 p.m., Osseo Halloween Event and Trick or Treating, meet at the City Hall Community Center, Osseo, FREE
- October 29, 3 p.m., Tamarack Trick or Treat, Tamarack Nature Center, White Bear Lake, register early for this popular event
- October 29, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Annual Fall Festival at Valley Creek Mall, Woodbury, FREE, Kids can trick or treat, craft room, face painting, coloring contest
- October 22, 5 – 8 p.m., Savage Halloween Bash at the Savage Sports Center, Savage, $8/person if pre-registered (deadline Oct. 24), $10 after deadline, 1 year and under FREE, trick-or-treating, campfire, Kids Dance DJ, inflatables, more.
- October 27, 1o a.m. – 2 p.m., Trick or Treating at the Highland Shopping Center, Highland Park, FREE, participating businesses will display posters in their windows.
- October 29, 9am, Wayzata Boo Bash Dash and Pumpkin Derby, Trick or Treat around Town, Wayzata, FREE, in-store activities, spooky specials, and goodies for the little ones.
- October 22, 7-8 p.m., Grand Day Halloween Parade, Main Street and Fifth Avenue, Anoka, FREE, largest parade with lights and floats for the Halloween Capital of the World.
- October 30, 11 – 12 p.m., Annual Halloween Skating Party at the Burnsville Ice Center, FREE admission, rental discounted to $5, FREE private mini lessons, trick or treating around the rink, door prizes.
- October 30, 1 – 3 p.m., Great Pumpkin Halloween Celebration, The Landmark Center, St. Paul, FREE, make trick-or-treat bags, scavenger hunt, dance to live music.
- October 29, 11- 2 p.m., Halloween Hodgepodge at the Eagan Community Center, Eagan (1501 Central Parkway), Adults FREE with food donation, $6 per child, tickets only available online.
- October 25, 4 – 7 p.m., Kowalski’s Boo Bash – Trick or Treat at all Kowalski’s grocery stores, FREE
- October 29, 10-12 p.m., Halloween Creepy Crawl at Jerry’s Foods in Woodbury, 7760 Hargis Parkway, Woodbury, FREE.
- October 25-30, 4 – 7 p.m., Boo Blast at the Lunds and Byerly’s, Events at all stores, check list for exact times at locations. FREE trick-or-treating and activities.
- October 31, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Fall Halloween Festival at West Minnehaha Recreation Center, 685 West Minnehaha Avenue, St. Paul, FREE
- October 31, 6 – 8 p.m., Halloween Bonfire at Como Recreation Center, Northwest Como Fire, games and more
- October 22 5-7 Trick or Teeing Costume trick or treat along the tees Mendota Heights Par 3 Golf Course
- October 30th 12-4pm Trick or Treating on Grand Avenue.
- Trick-or-Treat scavenger hunt along Grand Avenue. Photo ops/other activities encouraged. All families are encouraged to pre-register HERE .
- October 28th 4-6pm Chisago Lakes Downtown Trick or Treat
m dan says
hyvee in oakdale has their halloween fun on oct 24 from 1-4
Thanks. I added the information for the Oakdale and New Hope HyVee’s.